Tuesday 26 March 2013

Director RGV the Emotions Locker Vs Sergeant William James the Hurt Locker


Director RGV the Emotions Locker Vs Sergeant William James the Hurt Locker

Sir.RGV tweet “Just saw zero dark thirty nd I want to lick nd suck kathyryn begelows toe nails” made me to think about Kathryn Bigelow. I don't know about her still this tweet from Sir.RGV but I heard about the film “The Hurt Locker” as the one which won 6 Oscars and its director is lady who happens to be the first women to win the Oscar under Best Director Category. At that time, I only know that she is James Cameron wife. After seeing my gurus tweet on her, made me to think about her and in that process I watched the film “The Hurt Locker” an American war film about a three-man Explosive Ordnance Disposal (bomb disposal) team during the Iraq War. The film was directed by Kathryn Bigelow and the screenplay was written by Mark Boal.

I would like to thank Mark Boal first for designing a character called Sergeant William James. After sir.RGV has praised Kathryn Bigelow in a tweet “I really think James Cameron should take a crash course in direction from his wife Kathryn begelow” for her direction talent I believe there is no point in my praising.  However, I would like to thank her very sincerely for making me feel that I am not watching a Sergeant William James but Director Ram Gopal Varma in that film.

For the first time in my film watching career I am able to feel the attitude of a character that I know and to my luck it happens to resemble with my guru RGV’s attitude. Aside of many reasons to love this film, the only main reason that made this film to screw me is that I am able to see RGV’s attitude in Sergeant William James character. I would like to highlight some points which are still running in my mind even after 2 weeks of watching this film.

In the first scene where William James enjoying the Heavy metal music, I felt like irrespective of the place it is important to do what we like. I recalled sir.RGV being busy with his phone messages even if he is answering to an interviewer questions, or while sharing a stage with very big people.

In the next scene when he removed the cupboard which covered his window, I felt like it is important to do what is correct and useful for us instead of blindly following what it is there. I recalled sir.RGV breaking the existing rules of movie making and coming with new techniques starting from his first film Shiva to latest films Dongalamuta, Department and even in The Attacks of 26/11 film where he showed the attacks of 26/11 from the point of view of Joint commissioner of police.

In the scene while he is going for the first time with this team for bomb disposal, when he used the gas bombs which created confusion to his team member Sergeant J.T. Sanborn who has to cover him, I just recalled Sir.RGV way of analyzing the issue. I don't know the correct logic behind William using gas bomb at that time but this made me recall Sir.RGV way of thinking. Sir.RGV has always tried to show us the stories or characters which are beyond or not visible to our normal thinking, for example gangster’s personal life in Satya movie. I felt here Sergeant William has tried to show the different way of dealing the situation by using gas bombs which may distract that bomb remote operator as well.

In scene while Williams is disposing a bomb from the car he used to get repeated message from Sergeant J.T. Sanborn. Though he felt that Sanborn repeated messages are disturbing him he used to answer him coolly. But, when he noticed that it is distracting his work, he simply thrown the headset ignoring his messages and got back to his work. Its outstanding scene, I just recalled the way Sir.RGV responds to the questions which irritates him and how he ignores the people who try to distract his work.

I very much liked the episode where Sergeant William James interacts with Beckham a young Iraqi, where he likes him initially, he feel sorry assuming he is killed and tried to take revenge for his death, later he comes to know he is alive and tries to keep distance with him. In all this process I just recalled sir.RGV hidden character. As per my understanding of Sir.RGV I always believe that though he looks very hard outside, he is very cool and sensitive person. I believe, in order to not get distracted with these emotions, he tries to cover his sensitive nature with his fictional hard nature.

The forever memorable scene is when Sergeant William James talks to his infant. When he says about the changes in the human interests and asks him to enjoy a lot now itself where he is feeling value of everything that has surrounded him, I just recalled Sir.RGV statement that “By birth I am aged and I am trying to grow towards childhood”. As Sir.RGV said, when we have that excitement in knowing the things and enjoying the value of the things just like in our childhood then only I believe we can live the every moment of the life.

On seeing the scene where Sergeant William James tells his infant that currently in his stage of life there is only one thing that he knows he loves and then immediately he is shown as he starts another tour of duty serving with another EOD unit, I was in shock because I just recalled one of the statements from Sir.RGV that “apart from films I don't do anything else. I don't have any other life.” 
I am not sure whether my love on Sir.RGV made me to see the attitude of Director RGV in Sergeant William James or it is the greatness of director kathyryn begelows who made the film in such a way only the life in the characters is visible but not the actors. Whatever, I am very happy to see my Sir.RGV attitude in one of the highly worldwide recognized films.

2 comments:

  1. I watched Hurt Locker more than 100 times. Sergeant William James character isn't resembling RGV at any point of time, but one thing to be mentioned is Sir James Cameroon don't need crash course under his wife, because Titanic and Avatar are outstanding pictures made ever in any film industry.

    Come on Rasool too much obsession on RGV may not work out everytime. Think in a realistic way brother.

    My tweet may sound little harsh, but even i felt little hard while reading the post. So as per me "as is the seeing so is the perception". So no hard feelings. Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the fair comments :)

      As you said "as is the seeing so is the perception", so there is no point if I oppose your perception when I am not seeing Hurt Locker atleast once with your eyes or mind :).

      I believe it is not possible to see the same object with same perception by two different people. So, we always get a chance to see same object in different angles with fair comments from people like you. I am very much happy to see that you have given fair comments :),I am able to see the other perception as well through your comments.

      I think RGV garu might have said that considering how well she has presented the depth in the attitude of Sergeant William James character.

      I hope it would have been more information for me to come out of my obsession on RGV garu if you have commented for each point I have written on RGV gari attitude. Anyway I am very much happy to see u giving fair comments instead of any compramise :) ...for this I thank you a lot and ask you to do the same in my future projects.

      Delete